Sunday, May 11, 2014

           Hello world of blogging! While I've considered a blog for a long time, this is my first time actually writing one. So bear with me. A little about me-I'm Bryan, I'm 23, and I'm from Indiana. Oh and I have a podcast that anybody reading this should listen to and download. And follow. I'll post the link at the bottom. Don't let me forget!
           I'm not sure what the best way to start this is, so I'll just rant about Duck Dynasty, because that's what's on TV right now. Here's the deal-there's a part of me that wants to dislike Duck Dynasty, 1., because it's the same sort of show like Jersey Shore or any other number of reality shows, that's made for simple-minded people and meant as a distraction from REAL LIFE, and 2., because I disagree with their religious views. However, it's funny! There are a LOT of moments and horrible jokes that are obviously poorly scripted, and it's sort of insulting, but there are a few characters that can be legitly funny, and seem authentic. Plus, while I don't align with any religions, I really don't have a problem with somebody that chooses to. I fancy myself an open-minded person, and I figure as long as you're a nice person, I could give a shit less what God you pray or don't pray to. And they seem to be nice people that follow the best parts of Christianity, and that's a good thing to see. But-BUT-you can't say gays shouldn't be able to get married. In 2014, you can't. It just makes you seem like a clueless idiot and presents the worst parts of your religion.
        Please don't think that because I choose to blog about Duck Dynasty on my FIRST ACTUAL BLOG, that's the sort of entertainment I subscribe to. I like to think my taste in TV entertainment is actually pretty good. And luckily, the "Reality Show" phase seems to be giving way to a re-emergence of really good TV. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men (which I haven't seen yet but I hear good things about), Game of Thrones (same as Mad Men)...there's a lot of thought-provoking, well-made TV shows that you can watch and actually feel like you gained something. It really is a good time to be a fan of TV shows.
       And the emergence of Podcasts (Did I mention mine? Please follow.) has brought another amazing form of entertainment to the table. Thanks to the Internets, a 23 year old kid in Indiana who thinks about things in weird ways can hear from people all over the world who think the same way. The problem is, if you're from a place that doesn't have a lot of deep thinkers, you never get exposed to a lot of other people that think the way you do. But now you can. And you can share thoughts and evolve mentally with other people. It's amazing! If you're not using the Internet to share and gain ideas from the people who really investigate issues, you're really wasting it. Not to say there's anything wrong with hours and hours on YouTube or playing games, because I sure as hell do my share of both of those. I just think that there's a whole lot that you can gain as a human from the Internet if you use it correctly.
         That's my rant for today. Thank you Duck Dynasty. Jimmy Carter is the first U.S. President to be born in a hospital.
         Follow me on Twitter for infrequent retweets and dull thoughts: @BryanOnAWire
         Download or listen and follow my podcast on Podomatic: Bryan On A Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts